snow

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Elise....
















Dear Elise,


I love the way you you wave when I tell someone 'bye' on the phone. I love the way you dance when I ask you if you want me to turn on some music. I love the way you squeal with excitement when we pull out the vacuum cleaner. I love the way you scamper to the bathroom when it's time for your bath. I love the way you want to kiss me every time we sing 'Rock-a-bye Baby' on the rocking chair. I love the way you want to help me turn on light switches when we walk into a room. I love the way you brush your hair before going to bed. I love the way your eyes light up and you say 'Dada' when you hear your daddy's ring tone on the phone. I love the way you point at the dog bowls when I forget to pick them up off the floor. I love the way you sleep-- legs curled beneath you and your bottom up in the air. I love the way you smile with your big toothy grin. I love the way you hand me each piece of fuzz or lint you find in the house. I love the way you are enthusiastic about drinking a glass of water. I love the way you look in your sunglasses on a sunny day. I love the way you hug our dogs when you don't know I am looking. I love the way you enjoy reading books with me before going to sleep. I love the way you make me see life in a new, refreshed, exciting way. I love the way you make me want to be a better person.

I love you for all of these reasons and millions more!

Love, Mommy













3 comments:

Kate Mo said...

Sheesh, make me cry why don't ya! :) What a beautiful letter, from a beautiful mommy to a beautiful little girl! :)

nana said...

nana is overwhelmed by the love you expessed. isn't motherhood grand?

hebekjm said...

So touching . . .can't stop crying.