snow

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bring on Christmas!

We are off and running with the holiday season. Frankly this is my favorite time of year! In light of missing Christmas last year (remember, Elise was sick and therefore we didn't celebrate Christmas with our families), we've started Christmas early. That means I broke my only Christmas rule... which is 'No Christmas before Thanksgiving'. But this year I took down the Thanksgiving decorations early, put up my Christmas decorations, and listened to Christmas music the week of Thanksgiving. Jeff was polite and put up with my early Christmas spirit....as he has the same Christmas rule too.
Putting up some outside decorations.
Elise at Levis tree lighting ceremony
Me and Elise

See what I mean about loving Christmas?! I've totally neglected to talk about Thanksgiving and the weeks leading up to it. While it was fairly uneventful, we did get to celebrate my grandmother's, (Elise's 'GG') 87th birthday.   Happy birthday GG!

We spent Thanksgiving in Medina with the Nilsson family. My brother Kevin and his wife Rachel (up from Baltimore) then drove to our home to spend the night and catch up. It was good having them over. They brought their two dogs so it was a full house. I included the picture below because none of the dogs would look at the camera (nor Elise). Plus, Elise insisted on wearing her yellow/green socks with her Ohio State outfit. Need I mention this was the day that Ohio State lost to Michigan?!


We had an impromptu Thanksgiving with the Kaiser clan the day Kevin and Rachel left. I mean impromptu because Jeff's mother suddenly took ill with kidney stones on Thanksgiving night. Luckily Bob was there to help us out... yes, that's Bob Evans. Do you know him?! He's a good cook. Love those rolls.

Enough Thanksgiving talk...  back to Christmas! We attended the Perrysburg Holiday Parade the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was very rainy-- but luckily warm. Donning rain gear, we watched the parade and waited for Santa.



Now squint really hard... you can just make
out Santa!

After the parade, we kept the Christmas party train rolling with some tree decorating... of course there was Christmas music galore.  I give Jeff (and now Elise) an ornament every year. Elise got her very own 'Boppy the lamb' ornament. Here she is showing it off- notice how she is wearing some Christmas pajamas too. So cute!

Genius tree decorating at work...

Elise got to have the privilege of placing the star on top
of the tree. What a treat!
A boost from Daddy
Someone is proud of their work-
Guess who that is!
Here's the final result. Notice all the 'extra'
ornaments on the bottom. Elise
did a good job!
Ok- so I didn't dress up for the occasion either but
we sure had a good time! Bring on Christmas!

No comments: