snow

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Big Sister Elise


The news is out. Elise is going to be a big sister on January 17th (assuming I can make it the 38 weeks for my c-section date). She's going to have double the amount of work as we will be having twins.

We told Elise and our parents as an early Father's Day gift back at the beginning of June and then waited almost another month before we told the rest of our family, friends and co-workers. We had our parents over for dinner and had Elise come out wearing a 'Big Sister' shirt. It took the grandmas 0.001 seconds to figure things out.

First Ultrasound at 6.5 weeks
Elise has been filled with questions. "How do those babies eat?","Where do those babies sleep?", "How big are those babies?".... all in relation to them in my belly.  My favorite is "Did you have those babies yet?". She gives my belly tons of hugs and kisses and commonly refers to them as 'babes'. She even slathers Belly Butter Lotion on her own stomach each night after our shower so she can be like me. I have no doubt she'll be an excellent big sister. Elise tells us that she will help with diapers, feeding, and will even do crazy dances for her new siblings. Crazy dancing is exactly how it sounds....

We have a month or so left before we find out the sexes but Elise and I are both convinced we have one girl and one boy. Time will tell. I'm not sure if Jeff has weighed in on the subject yet.

I've been trying to take it extra easy... per Jeff and my doctors suggestions. I have my first (and hopefully last) bout of bed rest right now to help reduce some cramping and bleeding. I've been on my best behavior and appreciate all the love and extra support everyone is giving me. It helps to know the guys are growing and doing well.
Baby 'A' at 12 weeks
My guess: Girl


Baby 'B'- at 12 weeks
My guess: Boy (he's always crazy)


Probably the funniest thing is that Elise assumes that all pregnant women may have any number of babies in their tummies. She was quite perplexed when she asked our neighbor's daughter (who is 8 months pregnant) 'How many babies are in your belly?". She replied that she was have one baby. Obviously Elise was wondering how that could be when her stomach was so big!

No comments: