snow

Monday, December 23, 2013

Cecilia Is Walking

The babies are officially walking. Cecilia started walking a week before turning 11 months and Hadley is just now starting to take her first few steps at 11 months. Yikes! I don't know what to do with these early walkers. The fun is just now beginning (insert sarcasm). After a few days of stumbling around, Cecilia is off and running. She spends all her waking time roaming around the kitchen and family room with her arms above her head for balance. She occasionally stops long enough to remind me that we haven't yet baby proofed the kitchen drawers and dining room china cabinet. 

Hadley, on the other hand, is content with reading a book or 'knee walking' behind her sister. If someone is getting into trouble or making a mess, then the other one is usually there helping. I live with a gang!






This video was from last night... Cecilia and Hadley were in silly moods... giggling up a storm. Curtains can be fun!

But even though I live with a gang, we love them so much... even if I have to fold the same laundry 3 times because they help to unfold it. We love them even though they break into my kitchen cabinets and take everything out when I run to the bathroom. We love them even though it takes an additional 20 minutes of preparation to get out of the house. I guess you can say that we love those little girls. They are worth all the fuss and stress. Once they smile, or wave, or clap, or any little thing.... I know it's worth it.






No comments: