snow

Monday, December 22, 2008

Looking good!

Now that I'm nearing my due date, I've been seeing my doctor every two weeks (soon to change to once a week). She's delighted as to how well I'm doing. I am on target with my weight, belly size, fetal heartbeat, and fetal movements. The weight is the biggest relief as I've been working hard on my diet from the dietitian. I've become a professional on counting carbs, but boy do I miss a heaping plate of pasta with a brownie for dessert!

I know that I am getting closer to the goal of 40 weeks because it's getting a little bit harder sleeping at night. Poor Jeff has to share the bed with me and about a zillion pillows! Nevermind the stray dog who tries to sneak into bed during the night for extra warmth! I can get comfortable until I get up for one of my many bathroom breaks or until I need to flip sides.

The most aggravating thing about my pregnancy is hand numbness. Anytime during the day or night, my hands start to feel like they are going numb..that is until I move them and find a new position. My doctor assures me that this can happen and not to be alarmed. Even though I am not swollen, there is enough edema that is 'pinching' my nerves and can cause numbness...although the legs is more common. This is the only thing that has caused some annoyance at work!

So, besides the occasional ache, pain or numbness, I am blessed with a healthy pregnancy. She should be a happy girl in there! I enjoy her kicks and movements. I feel as if this is my special time to spend with her! She'll be greeting the rest of the world before you know it!

No comments: