snow

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting bigger

(Elise already had daddy wrapped around her finger!!)

Little Elise is starting to get the hang of eating. She has been gaining more weight ( today she is currently back up to her birth weight of 4lbs 12oz) steadily which is giving her more energy to take her bottled breast milk.....her ticket home! Yesterday, she almost finished two bottles but became too tired to finish. Last night alone, she finished two bottles without difficulty. Hopefully this is a sign of her continued improvement. She wants to eat but just can't always muster the energy. Luckily she has both mine and Jeff's eating genes so it's only a matter of time!!!

I still rely on rides to the hospital-- just a few more days and I'll be cleared to once again drive. I've been fortunate to have my in-laws and parents drive me around to the hospital and to get errands done. After work, Jeff joins me at Elise's bedside or a feeding or two before we head home for the night. These make for long days but we want to spend all of our time with our little girl.

2 comments:

nikkimiller said...

WOW! She's making great progess with the bottle! It must have something to do with me holding her yesterday! Keep up the great work Elise!

Rachel said...

She is so precious!