snow

Monday, January 19, 2009

Long night..

We made it through our first night! I have to admit it was a bit long and I almost wish that I was still in my college prime where I could stay up all night without too much difficulty! Elise stirred every 1.5 hrs in her bassinet, next to our bedside. Like any new parent, I swear she was waking up and needed a clean diaper and some food. After rolling out of bed, I soon discovered that she wasn't really that hungry... no surprise because in the NICU they had been feeding her every 3-4 hours. Maybe in a few days/weeks or years, we'll get a nice routine down! Until then, she may find herself moving next door to her nursery (which is a room I'd like to stay in!-- photos to come) so mom and dad can sleep a few hours in a row.

Jeff made it into work today while I'm spending my first day home as a mother. My game plan is to do a bit of napping and hopefully finish up on most of our thank-you notes. Sorry if you are still waiting on one! I assure you, they are coming!! I also have an appointment for a car seat check back at the hospital. Grandma Jane will be babysitting.

The dogs continue to be good 'big brothers'. They've been very gentle when they are around Elise. For those of you who know Brutus, you can appreciate this as he's normally a ball of energy. Of course they won't be spending any alone time with her in a room-- only supervised visitation.

We'll keep you updated on all the news from the home front-- including our lack of sleep!!!

No comments: