snow

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bragging Rights

Ok- I'm warning you right now. I'm here to brag about my little girl. Let's face it, all of my previous blogs about Elise's developmental milestones have been milestones that are late compared to her peers. We've been delayed. We've worked hard together since the day she was born- with intervention, hard work and of course Elise's strong perseverance.

We continue to go to speech therapy every other week. Elise has grown to enjoy these times with her therapist. We talk about our friend Lauren (her therapist) at home and she's actually happy to leave my side and play with her alone.

So, here's my bragging session..... a mere two weeks ago, Elise was barely putting two words together and now she's starting to put three together. As her therapist puts it (after yesterday's appointment)- 'it's amazing'! She used that 'amazing' quote multiple times so I know I'm not making it up! Elise is making up so much ground in such a short amount of time. She's using nouns, verbs and adjectives, and she's making words plural if it's correct to use. Ok, ok, I know this is some boring stuff to most of you- but not to us. We're proud of her and finally I can say we are making up a lot of ground. We continue to count our blessings and today this is no exception.

No comments: