snow

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bring on Christmas!

I wait all year long for Christmas. I'm one of those people who break out the Christmas music and decorations the second that Thanksgiving is over. This year was no exception. In fact, I've even broken my own rule and have shopped, wrapped and sang Christmas songs before mid November just in case the twins cut my festivities short. 

But the great thing about December is that the rest of the world joins me with my Christmas excitement. 

Our first family Christmas tradition (yes, I have a lot of traditions... something Jeff likes to kid me about) was the annual Perrysburg Christmas parade. We packed up our folding chairs, a thermos of hot chocolate and cups, as well as Demi and scoped out a perfect place for parade viewing.

Elise sat on my lap for most of the parade but was sure to hop down when Santa came by... afterall she didn't want him to forget about her for Christmas morning.
Afterwards we went home, took hot showers and donned our pajamas for Christmas tree decorating. Elise 'oohed' and 'awed' over each and every ornament. She was definitely excited and enjoyed each and every second of it. Who am I kidding? I did too! Maybe it's genetic.

Then Daddy helped Elise put the star on top. Our tree was finally perfect!


I feel like our tree is a time capsule-- filled with pictures of our family, mementos from trips, and gifts from loved ones. There's something so fulfilling with having it up. Later that evening we laid on the floor with pillows in the dark admiring and loving our tree.
We took our family picture with Santa this past Saturday. Elise definitely acted like she was in the presence of a rock star. She was momentarily shy but warmed up quickly as he asked her if she had been a good girl and what she wanted for Christmas.
I'm not releasing any pictures yet (our card hasn't yet gone out) but I'll give you a teaser of Elise's shoe. Yes, those are real diamonds in case you are wondering. During the pictures she held Santa's hand tightly. So sweet.

So what does a three 'and a half' year old want for Christmas? Elise told Santa two things: a horn (yellow) and a cape (rainbow colored).

It's ironic that Elise wants a cape as apparently Jeff had a fascination with capes as a child.... in that he always worked them into his Halloween costumes. Elise has been wearing a dish towel cape for some time so I can see she'd like an upgrade.


One day when Elise was jumping and flying around the house, Jeff nonchalantly mentioned he had a black cape (leftover from Halloween's ago). Of course she wanted to see it and eventually they traded... but it's hard to tie a dish towel around such a big, muscular neck! Do you think superman has the same problem?!



No comments: