snow

Friday, February 1, 2013

Adjusting to Twins

We are settling into our new normal... babies! It's like riding a bicycle but I think this time it's a lot easier (knock on wood!). This time we know what we are doing even if we are outnumbered! The girls truly are good babies. They have such sweet dispositions and we are learning their unique personalities.

Nights haven't been horrible (again.. knock on wood!). Some nights they only awaken once rather than twice making for a happier mommy. And when Hadley or Cecilia does wake up, they quietly cry and wait patiently as I change and feed them both. Luckily I've always been good at multitasking. Feeding and burping two babies at once hasn't proven to be the challenge I thought it would be... thankfully!
We had our first family photos taken this past Saturday (a generous gift from our friends the Brujics). Big sister Elise also had some photos taken alone with the girls. We are anxious to see the final product but know that they will be fabulous... be on the look out for announcements in a few weeks!



It was an exhausting morning for everyone- including Elise. Modeling is definitely hard work.
Until we get back our photos, these are the newborn pictures that were taken in the hospital:

http://www.mom365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=c7b1d227-8d72-4024-816c-15412a3e789d&utm_source=wnshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=wnshare_mom_babylink&utm_campaign=wnshare_button


Since we have been staying home and out of the way of flu germs, the Hebekas brought over dinner that night. Of course the evening ended with one of the infamous dance parties.






Big sister Elise is such a good helper. She's in charge of Hadley and Cecilia's wardrobe and is helpful in lending a hand during feeding time. She also has been reading books to the girls (making sure they see each picture) and helps rocking them in the swing. However, she isn't fond of them crying which luckily isn't that often. I did have to chuckle when I found myself home alone with all three girls and each one of them was crying! Luckily it was short lived and luckily I found it humorous!
Poor Cecilia (above) has had a bad diaper rash (causing an extra trip to the pediatrician). Unfortunately she hasn't yet been able to have her first bath like her sister, Hadley (below). Hadley loved her time in the tub and like her personality, was patient and  didn't cry once.
We've been blessed with so much help but I do find myself enjoying all the work that goes along with being a mother to our crazy clan. I don't mind the insanity and actually find it less work than when I was a new mother home with Elise. I finally had the opportunity to pick Elise up from school by myself. I was met with extra smiles and hugs since I had been missing out in this part of her life. It was worth all the work-- that's what raising children is all about... that you take time to appreciate little details to daily life. In the end, you are rewarded with love.

I friend recently told me this quote... and it is so very true:
"Yes my hands are full but so is my heart."


No comments: