snow

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors...

Elise had her 4 year-old well visit with her pediatrician last week. She is 32 pounds and 9 ounces and has finally hit the 50% mark in weight! I will always remember when we first took her to the doctor as a newborn and she wasn't even on the height and weight chart! Now she fits in with her peers.
Cecilia, on the otherhand, has been to the doctor 3 times for her diaper rash.. hence the sad, forlorn picture above...
She is currently on Keflex for a staph infection... that's on top of her fungal infection... that's on top of her  bleeding diaper rash. Poor thing. We are alternating between Nystatin and an antibacterial cream in addition to a myriad of creams on ointments. It's confusing even to me but I keep plenty of notes to know when to do what. But hurray! I think this is the first day it's beginning to look better. Thank goodness because I cringe at every diaper change- as does Cecilia.

We keep chugging along here.  Luckily there are few times that both girls cry at the same time. The days do start to blend together when you go from feedings, changings, napping and back around again. Oh yes, we also have Elise, laundry, cleaning, and cooking too! It definitely makes for a busy day and night. No time off but this is just a short phase (hopefully!). The girls go to bed around 11pm and make it until 2am and then 5am to eat. On good days they squeeze an extra half an hour sleep in there. I still feel like Hadley is confused between her days and nights. But last night was a blessing- a whole five hours between feedings. I'm sure it was a fluke but now I know it's possible. And yes, we do wake the other one to eat. 

I feel like I'm rambling-- or is that lack of sleep?!? Regardless, please forgive me!

Also, on a side note, Elise has figured out she can leave her room during naptime. Up until now, she always waited patiently in her room for us to arrive and rescue her at the end of a nap or in the morning. I guess this big sister stuff has given her a sense of independence! We'll have to work on some boundaries so mommy can have an hour or two to her self. But I know from friends that this will be more difficult than it sounds. We've been blessed up until now! Most four year-olds don't even nap!

(Yes, these are some of our professional pictures.... I'll post a bunch more very soon! Our announcements are heading out this week.)

No comments: