snow

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Enjoying Spring... but Sick Again!

 Come on spring! We need you badly. We are ready to get out and play... rid our house of the winter blues. We need to open windows and get some fresh air!

Between bouts of cold and rain, Elise has been enjoying riding her new bicycle in the cul-de-sac. We have yet to consistently master the breaks so our bike trips away from home are limited. Of course riding with a pink sequence jacket allows one to ride extra fast.
Hadley
Cecilia
While Elise is riding, the girls get pushed around in their stroller. I wonder what the neighbors think of when they see all of us doing laps!

 Jeff and I also recently braved taking the gang out to dinner alone... it's a bit nerve wracking to be outnumbered in public but our first go at it (Fifth Street Pub for pizza) was a success and wasn't worth all the stress and anxiety that we thought it would be. Both babies fell asleep and magically woke up once we finished dessert.
Coloring with Daddy
Best pizza-- we love the wood burning oven!
 We were lucky to get to eat with a 'real' princess.
Cecilia 12 weeks at naptime
I recently succeeded in getting Cecilia to sleep all night long (10:30-7:15)... five days in a row! Hadley had also shown signs of moving in that direction as well-- consistently sleeping until 3 or 4am. I thought I was home free and secretly started loving evenings as I knew I would get some uninterrupted sleep. While I can usually squeeze 5 hours of sleep in each day, it's definitely not restful when it's only an hour here and there. Mama needs her REMs! So, when I could sleep 4-5 hours at a time, I thought I was in heaven. I was also a 'nicer' person to be around during the days too. Ha ha!

However, we've had another bout of colds come through our house that hit everyone except for me (knock on wood). So, all my sleeping angels are once again up again at all times throughout the night. For instance, I fed Hadley 2x last night (in addition to an hour of rocking to get her back to sleep with a stuffy nose) and Cecilia 1x. Of course the girls aren't coordinating their feeding times either... rats. I pray that once they are on the mend, we can get back to where we were. Then I will tackle napping-- yikes! I remember all this was hard with Elise but twins are definitely double the work.

No comments: