snow

Thursday, August 21, 2014

County Fair 2014


Elise and I picked Jeff up this past week over his lunch hour and went to the Wood County Fair. Even though we go every year, it wasn't something Elise had ever remembered doing.... I love experiencing new things with her! After loading up on every kind of food that is deep friend and/or on a stick, we strolled through the animal barns and eventually ended with some rides.

I have decided that Elise is going to enjoy riding all those crazy roller coasters when she eventually  goes to Cedar Point. But because I'm skeptical as to the safety of fair rides, I kept her grounded to those rides I deemed wouldn't land her in the hospital if they broke. Well, that's not necessarily true... I did break that rule on one ride-


The one ride that I went on with her was the Ferris Wheel. Frankly, I'm surprised I agreed that she could go on it since I realized (after I was on it) that if one bolt broke, we'd be thrown to the ground. While she had such a happy smile on her face, I spent most the ride gripping the bar and begging (in my head) for it to end. I'm sure everyone we passed could see that I was actually fearing for my life. Luckily, we survived and  I promised myself to never again go on such a wild ride!!! Ha!

No comments: