snow

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Here Comes the Holidays!


I'm obviously a bit behind posting my blog updates. Heck, Christmas is a crazy 6 days away. I underestimate the time I have to get things ready (and update this blog!) in lieu of things that unexpectedly pop up and children who appear to pass around the same illness over and over and over...

We had a nice Thanksgiving at home with family. And No. I did not serve a Hadley in my turkey roaster. Dinner served 16 people (our biggest yet!) so I set up a long table with mismatched chairs in our living room.
...and the twins were excited to be free from the family room to eat and play in a 'new' room.

Our dear old nanny was also back in town Thanksgiving weekend visiting her family. Of course she stopped by for a family dinner and hugs from the girls. We sure miss Jessica!



My favorite part of the entire year (and I'm not exaggerating!) is playing Christmas music and decorating our house. There is something about eggnog, Bing Crosby and lights that make me oh so happy and warm on the inside.

The star went on a little crooked...
But luckily Daddy was tall enough to fix it.


Unfortunately all the fun and excitement left poor Ceci sick with a high fever. As long as we are all well for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Fingers are crossed. Vitamin C is being given. Early bedtimes. And lots of hand washing.




No comments: