snow

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Getting Ready For Xmas

It seemed like a long wait for Christmas this year.... but that's half the excitement! Unfortunately the twins were sick (again!!!) during which time they developed an extra love for their pacifiers. I vowed the end of pacifiers would be by their second birthday so I've got my work cut out for me. But since both girls had double ear infections in addition to Hadley's breathing issues (she was almost admitted to the hospital), we let some things slide...
Sick Hadley between breathing treatments
Ceci laying low and not feeling well.
But when we weren't battling illnesses, we were having fun. Hadley started showing interest in sitting on the potty. Nothing came of it but it did get me excited to dream about the day of being diaper-free!  This will be something I will tackle when they a bit after 2. In the meantime, we discovered that an interest in the potty also means we have an interest in putting things in the potty. Note to self: there is a reason why I keep the bathroom doors shut!
Ugh!!! Those pacifiers!!!
Elise got to see her first 3-D movie: The Penguins of Madagascar.
Daddy and Elise also decorated a gingerbread house. Surprisingly this year, more candy ended up on the house rather than in her mouth.
Doesn't she look so big?! Wow.

No comments: