snow

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Elise had a wonderful first Easter. My brother was able to visit us from Baltimore. It was wonderful to see him as Kevin hadn't seen Elise since the day after she was born. In fact, when he last saw her, he wasn't allowed to hold her because of all the IVs and her size. I'm sure it was worth the wait. The day before Easter, my parents, Jeff, Kevin and myself decorated Easter eggs. Normally, my eggs are the best (or so I think!) but with Elise strapped to me, they were less than perfect. There is always next year!



On Easter Sunday, both sets of parents and siblings attended church together. Elise got all dressed up in her blue and white corduroy duck dress (the first dress ever!). She also wore a yellow knit jacket that I wore as a baby. She looked so cute! Elise loved all the singing and new environment that she slept through most of the service but woke up for a blessing by the pastor during communion. She looks forward to more Sunday church services.




After church, our families joined us back at our home for Easter brunch. Jeff's uncle, Chris, and my uncle, Rik, joined us as well. Everyone helped by bringing a dish to share. Of course, since the Master's golf tournament was on, we watched it through the afternoon before we had to get Kevin to the Detroit airport for his flight home.















The day must have worn out Elise because she slept like a champ that night....the longest EVER! We put her down around 11pm and she didn't wake until 4:40. If only everyday was Easter Sunday!

No comments: