snow

Monday, January 27, 2014

Granny's Piano

We inherited my grandmother's piano last summer... a gorgeous baby grand that I remember only being allowed to play if I had my shoes off. It has sat in our in living room since the move and only recently has been tuned. Because I played the violin for so many years, I'm able to read some music and play with just my right hand. No base cleft for me! But recently Elise has shown some interest in learning to play which makes me happy that this beautiful instrument with see some love.
Our friends, the Hebekas, have a piano teacher come to their home-- how perfect for us! We are just one lesson into hopefully a lifetime of music and Elise loves it. I do have no delusions of grandeur that she will love the piano and continue for years on end, but I do hope that sticks with it long enough that when her children want to play, she can tell them happy stories about practicing fun music and piano recitals. Ok. Maybe I do have delusions but I am hopeful.

Elise's first lesson with Mrs. Chalfin

No comments: