snow

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Floortime

Hadley (top) and Cecilia (bottom) - 6 weeks
Now that the twins have gotten a bit older and more stable, they've been enjoying some stretching and kicking time on the floor. We even throw in a bit of tummy time too although they still lack strength in their necks and become frustrated after a minute or two. Regardless, they love the freedom during the workouts.

Elise and Demi don't mind all the fun either and join in too-- rainbow capes and all! I think Elise is starting to see that her sisters do a bit more than sleep, eat and cry. 
But inevitably the fun is over when the crying begins...
Cecilia (right), Hadley (left)- 6 weeks

At times it seems as if they have started to notice one another-- as if to say, 'So, you are the loud thing that punches me during the night!'.
'Hey, who are you?!'


Cecilia

Bath times still continue to be a hit. It will be nice when I can plunk all 3 girls in the tub together.

Night times still show no improvement. The girls are 7 weeks old now and still get up once a night between 2:30-3:30. I don't mean to be impatient but I hope that little by little they squeak out more sleep time. I've read several books that promise that by 12 weeks a baby can and will sleep 10 hours if you do this and that during the day. Holding on to the hope that Cecilia and Hadley have read the same book, I try to structure my days like a textbook. Fingers crossed! Of course it doesn't help that my friend's 9 week-old baby goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps until 6:30. If I get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night a feel like I have won the lottery!

But never mind sleep-- I guess I should be happy that while gaining 60 lbs, I've miraculously been able to fit into my old jeans now. And while my right hand is still numb, I have squeezed my wedding rings back on! 

No comments: