snow

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

YMCA and First Colds



Hadley, Cecilia- 7 weeks

Elise has been busy with new activities on her 'non' school days. She is playing soccer at the YMCA with weekly Saturday games (no practices!). She's on team Revolution and much to our disappointment, they were given brown shirts. Elise was hoping to get to wear a rainbow colored shirt instead- however I haven't yet seen a team that is sporting that color scheme.
The team is made up of 3-5 year olds. If someone would have told me years ago that I would enroll my daughter in soccer at such an early age, I would have laughed. But now I see that playing soccer lets her run and burn off some steam while playing with a group. There isn't any goalie so anyone can find an open shot. And the coaches run along with the pack of little kids...


Elise had a blast during her first game. She didn't kick the ball much but was happy to run around with everyone else. And, she enjoyed stopping near us to pose for photos... I didn't keep score but apparently Elise thought that they won.

Big sister Elise is also taking a dance class at the Y called 'hip hop peeps'. It meets for 30 minutes every Friday. Everyone knows that Elise is always up for a dance party and this class is no exception. I wish I knew what music they were listening to as the parents had to stay outside. There was one little girl who kept coming in and out of the room so I could hear snippets of dance music. It sounded like a lot of fun!


(This is a quick video looking through the classroom door. Elise is wearing the blue pants. Don't you wonder what's going on in there too?!)

Last weekend was nice and warm so we took the opportunity to take our first family walk with our stretch limo length stroller. Our friends who gifted us their old stroller also gave us a seat for big sister Elise to ride upon. I'm sure the seat is more for tired children rather than kids who just want a free ride around town. Next time we will have to insist she take her bike or scooter instead!
But of course the weather was short lived... as it's snowing right now!

Cecilia, Hadley- 2 months
A few days before getting their colds
The girls are now 8 weeks old and have just come down with their first cold. It's hard to watch them struggle with their snotty noses as we can only provide palliative treatment-- there aren't any drugs available. After giving Hadley a warm bath and using the nasal syringe to suck up some yuck in her nose, she gave me a big smile. Even with sleep deprivation and such hard, never ending work, I know that we are pretty lucky to have such wonderful girls- big and small!

Friends of ours, who also have twins (now 5 years old), told us that twins aren't twice the work-- but rather 1.5 times the work. I'm still waiting to feel that 1.5 times the work as so far it's about 5x the work! Maybe next month! But throw in a few smiles from any of our girls and I forget all about it.

No comments: