snow

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Farewell Jessica

Since I was pregnant with the twins, we've had the most wonderful helper... Jessica. At first she babysat Elise and helped to clean when I wasn't supposed to be on my feet. But what happened is that we gained a new family member! 
She was the one who would watch the girls so I could nap or run errands during the day. She was the one who sometimes helped with the middle of the night feedings so I could actually sleep undisturbed. She anticipated things as if she was also the mother! She had an invested interest in our little girls and it was she who gave me the opportunity to breathe... especially in those beginning months with the twins.

But Jessica graduated college and got a 'real' job out in Colorado. We are so happy for her but sad as well. We know she'll be back to visit her family and friends... including us. Elise misses Jessica a lot but knows that she'll see her 'when she's five'. Until then, we catch up with her via texts and snapchats. Thank goodness for our iPhones! We miss you Jessica! Thank you for all your help, kindness, thoughtfulness, support-- and friendship.

No comments: