snow

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Campout

After months of talking about 'someday' camping, the day had come. Summer is now coming to an end and Elise will be starting school next week. Warm summer days won't be with us much longer so daddy and Elise made plans to spend the night down by the river. As it turns out, not only had Elise never camped, but nor had Jeff-- at least in a tent. So, after a morning of shopping for the perfect lantern and sleeping bag for daddy, the two were ready for a night of camping.
So we hauled all the stuff down the hill to the tent that they built together-- sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, Smoochie the frog, s'mores stuff and toothbrushes. Don't all campers travel with Sonicares?!


After the babies went to bed, I joined the campers for the campfire and s'more making. Elise prefers her marshmallows 'raw' (AKA- out of the bag) while I like mine black!



As the sunset, Elise ran around chasing lightening bugs and I pulled out the Chinese sky lantern I had bought a few days before. We officially closed our summer.
When it got dark, the campers said goodnight to me (as I was sleeping in bed to oversee baby duty). I left a door open should the camping adventure be aborted but it never was. Elise and Jeff reappeared the next morning at 7am dragging all of the stuff from the tent. It had been a fun night and Elise wanted to camp again that night. Jeff on the other hand is nursing a sore hip and vows that next time he will bring down an air mattress.
Good night my campers....




No comments: