snow

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Funeral


 

The other day Elise and I had noticed an injured bird in our yard. I suspected that maybe his wing was broken but didn't think too much about him after that. That next day, as we were picking our tomatoes, we saw the poor little robin had died next to one of our plants. I suggested we give him a funeral.

After digging a little hole next a tree, we buried him. I told Elise we needed to each say something nice about the bird. I said that I enjoyed his singing and went on to tell her that he was now up in heaven with Brutus and Garth. Then Elise got to say a few words...

'Well, I was impressed with his flying.'

It made me smile that she said she was impressed! The sweet things little kids say. Later in the day she wanted to know where we go after heaven. I told her that heaven is so wonderful that we want to stay there forever. She just continuously blows my mind...

No comments: